Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mikael ONE - Nightmare ZERO!


Category: Nightmare
Lucid: Yes
Hours of sleep: 5

Standing on a crowded (outdoor) subway station I observe speeding cars and sirens coming towards the station and skidding around the corner behind a building.

Suddenly a mad man comes running towards the station with a huuuuge bolt cutter in his hand. He starts whacking down random people on the station platform, and everyone starts running in frantic panic. While I'm running I hear the crazy man call out my name and saying he wants to talk about options with me. (?)

I run for my life until I get on top of a hill with a rooftop a couple of yards away... instinctually I jump towards the roof soaring several feet in the air before crash landing on the roof, and then resuming my dashing, away from the mad man. As I'm running, I start questioning how I managed to pull of an in-humane jump like that.

POP! Lucidity kicks in! "Oooh... I'm dreaming!"

Remembering reading about how to cope with nightmares in Dr. LaBerges book, Lucid Dreaming, I stop and turn around to face "the killer". He stops dead in his tracks and look at me with a nasty face expression and his giant bolt cutters held high, like if he's ready to charge me. Slowly I walk towards him, reach out my hand and say:
"Sorry... sorry if I have done something to offend you."
The man reluctantly grabs my out-reached hand, looks at it, then at me.
Smiling, he transforms into a friend of mine, who doesn't understand where he is, or how he got there, and my anxiety has gone away.

Laughing and celebrating my success of conquering my nightmare... I wake up.

No comments: