Monday, November 15, 2010

Back in the womb?

Category: Bizarre
Hours of sleep: 2
Lucid: YES

Before I start telling about the dream I want to share something quick:
I started reading Robert Waggoner's book 'Lucid Dreaming - Gateway to the Inner Self' yesterday before I went to bed.

In the first chapter he tells about his first lucid dream experiences, and I pick up another trick for checking if you are dreaming.
Before you go to bed you study your hands, and do a little mantra for yourself about how you will check your hands the next time you (i. e.) open your eyes. You say this mantra over and over again until you are too tired to do it anymore, then you lay down and go to sleep.


I'm on this giant old pirate-looking ship and huge waves are starting to come over the side of the boat.
One of the waves knock me off my feet and I slip'n'slide down the deck of the boat and fall down a hatch to the storage room inside the boat. Water keeps pouring in and I am bashed down into a corner.

I try to fight my way up to the upper deck again but the force of the incoming waves are keeping me pinned to a wall until I'm totally submerged in water. It gets dark and the waves are twirling my body in all directions until I eventually lose my orientation of what is up and what is down. Just as my fear of drowning starts to kick in - I have a slight tick in my thought process that says: "Look at your hands!"

So I do and I am amazed at what happens next.

The noise from the waves cease to drown my hearing. The water starts to feel warm, and the darkness turns into a dark red/pink atmosphere. I no longer need to hold my breath. It feels like I'm floating and I feel incredibly safe.

I look at my hands...
They are tiny. Tiny and pink. I study them for a while as I start to wonder about my whereabouts.

Someone grabs my arm and yanks me out of the liquid space, and suddenly I am flying across a dance studio at school and one of my teachers are saying: "You can fly! You can fly!"
And my classmates are applauding my supernatural abilities. I am still aware that I am dreaming, so I keep flying around in the room until I eventually wake up.

Awake in my bed, with my notebook next to me, I eagerly start to chart down what I had just experienced. As I write down my description of the "liquid space", I realize it's closely familiar to a fetus's environment during a woman's pregnancy...

Then I start to wonder if it had been a product of my imagination... or my memory.

A quick Google search tells me that memory doesn't start to develop until you are born... but how awesome would it be if that fact is false?

3 comments:

Karen659 said...

Great post! Got your blog link from Waggoner's FB link and am very happy I did! You write well of your 'travels' with lucid dreaming and OBE's. I welcome you to read my 'dream travel' posts with my OOB experiences. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Unknown said...

Hey Karen!

Thanks for the comment post! :)

I went over to your blog and just randomly clicked on one of your "recommended posts", and read about your induction method (34A).
Think I'm going to give it a go! Always fun to try out new techniques! :)

I'm following your blog now, and I'll read some more posts later, but now I'm too tired! hehe (10:15 pm - here.) I usually go to bed at 10 - cuz like you said in your own post - going to bed that early often results in waking up in the middle of the night - and then you can do a little mind-setting towards what will happen when you fall asleep again.

Maybe I'll try your technique tonight already? :)

Erin Langley said...

That's so cool, Mikael. Science is unbelievably magical and is great at gleaning certain types of information, but it's a very narrow bandwidth of data. I think that you know more than Google when it comes to memory and womb.