Thursday, November 18, 2010

Animorphing

Category: Superpowers
Hours of sleep: 4
Lucid: Yes

Me and a friend walked into this huge, under construction, house that was being built right next to a steep mountain. We went to the top floor of the house to see if we could get closer to the mountain top.

The top of the house was all covered in glass, but with some wooden beams here and there.
Outside one of of the windows we could see an old scaffolding which lead to a narrow run-down wooden bridge that seemed to lead to the top of the mountain.
And for some reason lucidity hit me. "I'm dreaming!"

"How the heck are we going to get up there?" my friend asked.
With my brand new lucid confidence, I tell him: "Watch this!"


I rip a big chunk of wood out of one of the heavy beams carrying the roof. I start dashing towards the window. I throw the heavy piece of wood at the window, making it shatter into a thousand pieces, and as I jump through the window I morph myself into a black panther and start dashing across the wooden scaffolding and on to the narrow wooden bridge.

The bridge starts to shake, crack and give in to my weight and I start to feel that I won't make it to the top in time. I focus more and more on my fear of the bridge collapsing and the cracking sound gets louder and louder.

Yet again, I remember something from Waggoners book (mentioned in the previous post) about focusing on reaching your intended destination when traveling in the dream space, and not the struggles you may encounter on your way there, because that will only fuel that concern to make it even worse.

So I lift my panther head towards the top of the mountain where the bridge ends and I notice my paws are increasing in pace and I'm gaining an enormous amount of speed. I can sense that the bridge is starting to collapse behind me, but I am totally confident that I will make it in time.

And finally, I am at the top, feeling pretty good about how I managed to trick my dream with my own mind set, and how I managed to turn myself into a beast.

Here's a video from the online role-playing game World of Warcraft, that shows the transformation I made when I jumped through the window.



FAST FORWARD TO 1 M & 15 S.



No comments: