Friday, November 5, 2010

Controlling nature

Category: Nightmare turns good
Hours of sleep: 7.5
Lucid: Yes!

I walk into a house, and apparently this is where I live, and it' nighttime. I notice that a balcony door is open, and I get struck with a feeling that there is a burglar in the house. I try walking over to an alarm box mounted on the wall to try and call for help, but it's not working. Scared I close my eyes and crouch down in a corner... then somehow I realize I am just dreaming. When I open my eyes I see a dark shadowy figure standing above me.

Instead of freaking out and making this nightmare worse, I pretend to have a romantic connection to this burglar (befriending your nightmare will release all your fears, and the nightmare will turn itself into something pleasant. Read about it here).
The burglar smiles, takes my hand and leads me out into the garden of the house... while walking in the garden I see a giant moon-lit bird up in the sky. I take it as an omen as of what my next move should be.

I turn to the burglar, I tell him goodbye, then I leap from the ground and take off flying through and over the woods.



It is still night-time when I approach this massive snowy mountain valley with a huge frozen lake in the middle. The sight is so grey and cold... and quite depressive.
I call out to the part of my brain that is creating this visual world: "Give me sunshine!"
... It's quiet for a couple of seconds while I'm hovering mid-air... and then the amazing thing happens.



A sun starts to rise in the east. I see rays of light start to dance over the landscape as daylight breaks through the gloom more and more.
As the sun gets higher, the lake starts to melt into vivid bluegreen water, the mountainside blossoms at an enormous pace, and the sky turns bright blue without a single sky on it. It is a magnificent sight - and the colors are amazingly strong.

I fly over the lake, high on joy, high on life, and impressed at what my mind has created.

"Give me sunshine!" In all aspects. :)

No comments: