Monday, November 1, 2010

Stable lucidity

Category: Ordinary
Hours of sleep: 8
Lucid: YES!

So I was walking through something that seemed like a student campus.
I felt a bit lost, because I didn't recognize any of the buildings - so I looked around for a sign somewhere and I saw a street sign.
Unfortunately it didn't help to clear up my situation, so I got a little suspicious.
I turned my head away from the street sign and then back again - and sure enough - the street sign had changed and was now flagging a different street name. I had performed a dream check* - and it worked out perfectly - I became lucid.

Instead of going into a hysteric/happy/excited mode that I usually go into when I feel the sensation of becoming lucid - I decide to take it slow, just relax and enjoy a little stroll around in my dream world with a clear conscious lucid mind.

I walk into a mall where I see some people and a bunch of different stores. While walking past all the stores I am amazed at how long I am able to stay lucid and instead of just enjoying it more I decide to see how much I can push the stability of this lucid dream.

I start doing something I've never done before; I actually start moving my gaze in extreme directions - I look up as hard as I can - down as hard as I can - and so on and so forth. Usually, in the dream world, I just move my head around to look around.

I of course end up waking myself up from the strain of the eye movement in the dream world, so I guess it was a failed experiment and I won't do it again!

Can't wait for the next lucid dream - wonder what I'll do then? ...


*dream check: a dream check is a way to check if you're in the "stable real life" or in a dream world. In this instance I read some letters on a street sign twice, and they didn't match the second time. In the dream world, nothing is stable. As soon as you turn your back on something it will be different when you look at it again. You can also do this by checking the time on a clock or a watch for example. Or looking at a person twice.

No comments: