Sunday, February 14, 2010

Phobia


Category: Nightmare
Lucid: No
Hours of sleep: 5

So I've never had those "hollywood nightmares" where you wake up half-way out of bed, eyes wide open, gasping for air and feeling fear in your gut... until the other night...

I was in a forest with some guy. Just hiking, enjoying nature, nothing special.
We left this camp site, and I had forgotten something there so I quickly had to dash back to the camp to get it. After retrieving it, I turned around, and this old lady jumped me, slammed me to the ground and pinned me down so I couldn't move. I tried kicking her in the head resulting in my legs getting pinned as well. So now I was lying completely unable to move with an old lady standing above me laughing hysterically.

In real life I suffer from confinement phobia. If someone holds me against my will, or I'm in an over-crowded space, I freak out! This is probably why I couldn't conquer this nightmare like I have with the others these last months. The fear in the nightmare was too overwhelming.

I shook, jerked, yelled and cried. Nothing helped. So I tried calming down, and to stop fighting it. This is when I realized that it was all just a dream. Surging with new hope I started yelling out: "I'm just dreaming! Wake up!! HELP! Wake up god damn you!" Taking a deep breath and tensing all my muscles I decided to go for one final hard yank........... YANK!!

The old lady looses her grip, my upper body flaps up from the ground, the trees in the forest turns blurry, and then it's all dark for a split second and then I'm sitting upright in my bed staring dead ahead at the wall of my bedroom, trying to catch my breath and trying to calm down. I'm awake.

No comments: