Saturday, February 27, 2010

Explicit lucidity


Category: Ordinary
Lucid: Yes!
Hours of sleep: 9

Yeah, I was incredibly lucid last night... I mean... really really lucid! Can't remember the last time I was that clear and focused in a dream!

In the first part I was at work, and something felt kind of odd or misplaced with the surroundings and the mood. So I went over to read a poster and it said something like: "Live a great healthy life!"
So I did the lucidity check trick, where you turn away and then back again to recheck what you just observed... and sure enough... the poster had changed: "Life!"
Bang... lucidity hits me and I've just entered a world where no laws of nature or man exists! And I went and had a little fun!

I had another dream later where I was at my grandma's house and there was, here as well, an eerie feeling to the whole thing - so I decided to check out her shed and went to pick up the keys hanging on it's usual spot on the wall. The number said: "36"... I did a recheck, like above, and the number changed to "366" before transforming into "35". Realizing I was lucid, again, I ran out to the back yard and pondered about what my next move should be... I decided to run through the neighborhood to see what I could find... leaping tall fences with ease before reaching a neighbors house and upon entering I woke up...

2 comments:

Miles said...

About the lucidity check trick. Do you know of any other tricks? I already heard the one from inception about trying to remember how you got to where you are. Also, do you use an alarm or just wake up naturally?

Unknown said...

Hey Miles!

Thanks for the comment!

Checking a watch in a dream can be a good thing - the time will change as you turn away and look back - and also - in my experience - the clock always looks weird - numbers aren't in the right order, or there's 4 sticks on it, rather than 3 (hour, min, sec).

I read in a book that you can look at your own feet - and if you're dreaming there will be something irregular with your feet - like you're walking around with just one shoe - or you're missing 3 toes and so on.

Here's a tip:
In your everyday life - have a habit of checking one of these dreamsigns everytime you enter a new room - eventually your habit of checking this out will come with you into your dream world - and then you'll notice you are lucid ;)

Good luck!