Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nightmare up in smoke

Category: Nightmare
Lucid: Yes

I was in a pitch black room. I could hear voices and someone breathing down my neck. Desperately I fumbled around in the dark, looking for a door handle as my fear elevated with every second.

I recognized the touch of the room as the locker room at my school, so I managed to calm myself down and reason to where the door handle might be. Eventually I found it, yanked the door open, welcoming the bright light from the hallway outside, and started dashing down the hallway away from my pursuers.

This light seemed to give me a moment of clarity to realize I was dreaming. So I became lucid.

I stopped dead in my tracks and did a one-eighty. I noticed two monsters scrambling towards me. I started to sing a tune consisting only of the words "la la la". They stopped and tilted their heads to the side, like a dog discovering something unknown. I kept on singing while skipping towards them.

When I came face to face to them I smiled and said 'Hello'.
They evaporated into smoke, and I was alone in the bright hallway.

No comments: