Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reach for the sky

4:19 AM - Time of dream recording
Category: Superpowers
Hours of sleep: 5
Lucid: Yes

I was in a camper, and somehow I found this odd and became lucid. "I am dreaming!"

Not remembering any of the special projects I wanted to try out the next time I had a lucid dream I just ran out in the streets (in the dream) and started skipping around while humming a tune of my own.

Then I remembered reading about Robert Waggoner's attempt to fly as high as possible in his dream, like if he was trying to visit a god in "heaven".

So I gave it a go - to see how far up I was able to fly. Usually I just fly across lakes, and over rooftops - never straight up. I saw a bright light behind some clouds, which I figured was the sun, and started flying towards it while spinning around to gain a deeper lucidity. The flight started off pretty well, but suddenly the updrift stopped and I was caught mid-air before dropping down again. Like a jetpack that ran out of fuel. This probably happened because I was doubting my own abilities for this to be a successful attempt.

Luckily I landed on a roof. There I decided to fly up to the higher rooftops one by one until I got to the top one and give another attempt at flying up and through the clouds, but once I landed on one roof there was always a taller building somewhere else. So I went to rooftop to rooftop until my dream eventually collapsed without warning.

No comments: