Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Testing the spinning technique

Category: Experiment
Hours of sleep: 1.5
Lucid: Yes

I was sitting down on a couch having coffee with unknown people. The couch was sitting right outside the walls of the church my parents got married in. I found this fairly odd - so I become lucid. "This is a dream!"

It had been a while since my lucid dream and I had just got done reading Waggoner's book about lucid dreaming so I had a million things I wanted to try out.

The first thing that came to mind was trying to make my lucid dream more stable by spinning around (a technique first mentioned by Dr. Stephen LaBerge to prevent a lucid dream from collapsing).
So I started to spin. The scenery started to get all blurry, like it does if you spin really fast in waking physical reality, and I started to fear that I might actually be waking myself up doing this. So I stopped spinning, but the spinning blur didn't stop at first, it just kept on going to the left like if someone was smearing out the paint on a canvas. A blur came in from the opposite side and the two blurs collided, making a huge sonic-sci-fi-white-noise that is impossible to describe further as a lightning bolt flashed down in the middle and merged the two blurs together.

To my surprise I was still in the same dream, outside the church, with the same people. Only this time all details of the scenery was more vivid, and the dream characters sentences made a lot more sense - previously it was more gibberish.

Super-excited I yelled to the dream characters:
"Hey guys! I'm dreaming. This is a lucid dream!"
They just looked at me oddly.
"I can prove it!" So I started doing incredibly high jumps in front of them, and one of them, a woman yelled out:
"Oh wow! It's true! *turning to her male partner* Honey it's true! Now all your problems are fixed."
Her male partner looks at me with evil jealous eyes... probably pissed off because I impressed his girlfriend.

My own excitement of being this lucid and jumping around like an idiot blinds me to the fact that my dream is collapsing - and bam - I'm awake in bed.

Hopefully I'll be more calm next time - and now - while I'm awake, I'll make a better plan of what to do next time.

No comments: