Friday, July 1, 2011

The tsunami

Category: Nightmare
Lucid: No

I was camping out on the mountain-side in the valley where I grew up. With me were friends and family.
I hear someone scream - and in the horizon I see huge waves coming towards the shore.

In fear I start running up the mountain-side and manage to get out some climbing gear from my backpack and start scaling the steep mountain-side. Half-way up I look down at my friends and my family and observe while the waves swallow them all whole and sucks them back into the ocean.

Hanging by a rope all by myself, in disbelief of what just happened, a mental wave of confusion, loneliness and helplessness washes over me... I'm all alone - and I couldn't do anything to help them.

Then I woke up...

This is the first time I can truly emotionally relate to what tsunami victims are going through - seeing your hometown, friends and family get washed away - and there's nothing you can do about it - and it all happens so fast... makes you feel quite lucky.

No comments: