Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Environment manipulation: Changing the season in a dream

Category: Environment Manipulation / Experimental
Lucid: Yes
I was walking down a familiar street in Oslo, when I get a tiny feeling that I might be dreaming.
I check a poster that's hanging on a nearby wall. I read the text, then glance away for a second, then read the text again - and sure enough - it changes.  (In a dream world an object is never constant, it will always change when you turn your back to it.) I became lucid - "This is a dream!"

I had given myself an assignment in waking real life (WRL) to what I should do in my next lucid dream, but I couldn't remember it right away. So instead I started dashing down the street and flung myself forward and started to fly. As I ascended into the air I remembered my assignment. I wanted to manipulate the environment. I had done this before. 

Like in my previous dream, it was a cold dark winter evening. I thought to myself: "I want summer!"
Wishing for this to happen I snap my fingers.

Evening turns to pitch dark night and millions of stars appear above my head - I admire them for a while - until I snap my fingers again wishing for a warm summer day. 

The sun rushes to the sky, all the snow is gone, and all I see is green grass and trees among houses, churches and farms - a typical view of a Norwegian fjord. I fly around admiring everything before I decide to land at a beach volleyball court below me. Then I wake up.


No comments: