Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Suiciding my way out of a nightmare

Category: Nightmare
Hours of sleep: 6
Lucid: Yes

I am a crime scene investigator... CSI baby! Me and my crew are investigating a murder at a fancy mansion on top of a cliff. Suddenly all the doors slams shut and one of my colleagues starts laughing manically.

"I am the killer! And now I'm going to kill you too!"

In fear I take off running up a couple of stairs that leads to the roof of the mansion. When I'm on the roof and realize I have nowhere to go, I wait for the assailant to come up...

We stare at each other, and all of a sudden my fears disappear. I realize I am dreaming.
Normally I would try to befriend my nightmare by confronting him in a cool matter and ask what was wrong and why he wanted to kill me, a technique I learned and wrote about here.

But not this time... I decided to take a fast and easy way out. I would suicide myself out of it.
Knowing I was on top of a mansion sitting on the edge of a cliff, I smiled to the assailant and took off dashing across the roof and jumped off, threw my arms out and let myself fall down the side of the cliff into the pitch black void at the bottom...

But instead of waking up like I thought I would - I materialized outside some bakery in Greece. Scratched my head in wonder of what had just happened. And then I woke up.

No comments: