Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dr. Mike Dolittle


Dream category: Bizarre
Emotion triggered: Fun
Lucid: No
Hours of sleep: 3 (A nap that took waaaay too many hours.)

I came home from work today, made some dinner, and got a little sleepy afterwards. I got in my bed and turned on the CD from the book Lucid Dreaming by Dr. Stephen Laberge, and did some exercises on how to recall dream signs, and noticing the differences between the real world and the dream world... afterwards I fell asleep and was out for 3 hours.

When I woke up I did my best to remember what I had just dreamt. I was flustered with myself when I couldn't remember anything, but I just kept the advice I've read several places; DON'T MOVE and let the dream recall come naturally. So I just closed my eyes and held perfectly still... and like light bulb getting brighter and brighter I remembered my dream:

Me and a flock of talking(!!) animals were trying to help this old guy get across the pool with a giant swing. The rooster was telling the dog to put him in his mouth so and hang on to the swing so he could flap his wing, but the dog was yelling back that he would do no such thing, since he didn't really feel like having a rooster in his mouth. A monkey were sitting on the side of the pool with a human girl holding his hands yelling out orders to all of us on the swing trying to get it to the other side of the pool, and then he laughed at the human girl and told her: "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU HOLD ANOTHER HAND!" (It looked to me like it was "the correct" way to hold another hand?) I woke up before we got to complete the mission, so I don't know if the old man got over or not... but it was fun talking to all these animals.

Sleeps.com says: "Animals most often represent that aspect of ourselves, or parts of our personality, that are present in our ordinary life. It is generally given that the more primitive the animal then the more primitive or deeper the layer of consciousness that represents. (So my personality is a monkey-dog-rooster hybrid? Hmmm...)"

In the same nap I dreamt:
- That I was at my old job back in my home town, and tried ordering take-away pizza to my co-workers and asked them if I needed to buy 3 pizzas... they said we only needed 2. I got mad because I wanted 3 pizzas, so I hang up the phone without ordering.
- That a previous acrobatics student of mine came and told me her brother had died and started crying. I put my arms around her and told her everything was going to be alright and she stopped crying eventually.



No comments: