Thursday, July 23, 2009

Taking lucidity to a new level - feeling up my dreams!


Category: Ordinary
Lucid: YES!!
Hours of sleep: 1

Major major lucid breakthrough in this one:

Like I usually do after working an early shift, I take a nap when I come home.

I was dreaming I was doing a jazz dance class that I've been doing monday, wed. and friday for a couple of weeks now, so at this point I didn't realize I was dreaming, because to me it was just like an ordinary day in my life. BUT... at the end of the class I took a look at the time and it was 2 p.m., but I knew class always ended around 9:30 p.m. , and like sudden lightning from the sky, I entered lucid (concious) mode in my dream, and realized I know had the opportunity to mold this dream into what I wanted. In excitement I ran out of the room where the dream started and got to the top of a set of stairs... now I panicked because I felt myself waking up (this is a normal reaction if you get too excited when you turn lucid - you start waking up).

Luckily, I have been doing some e-mailing with author of the book Lucid Dreaming, Roberth Waggoner ( Read his blog here : http://luciddreamingrobertwaggoner.blogspot.com) One of the things we talked about was the problem of becoming too excited when entering lucid dreams and he gave me a good tip.
If you become too excited, instead of thinking "Don't wake up! Don't wake up!" you should think "Stay lucid! Stay lucid!".

So this is what I kept telling myself as I felt myself waking up, but the bright light kept getting brighter and brighter until the only thing I saw was white. Determined not to wake up I imagined myself throwing out my arms and trying to grab something in my dream. My hand touched the wall by the stairs... it felt rugged just like the wallpaper in my own bedroom (maybe I was grabbing the wall in my sleep?)... and the sidewall of the stairs came to view. I figured the first step of the stairs would be right in front of me so even tho I still just saw a wall and the rest of the place was white I took a step forward and I felt my leg hitting a lower step and the stairs came into view... I took my other arm and tried grabbing for a stair ledge on the other side of the wall, and when I finally found one and grabbed, the bright light totally disappeared, and I was a hundred percent lucid and it felt like walking in the real world, and when I started running down the stairs I could still feel the texture of the wall and the smooth surface of the wooden stair ledge... I even ran so fast that I felt a burning sensation in the hand that was holding the ledge like you would if you'd rub your hand fast back and forth on painted wood.

And as a bonus for for reading all the way down here I'll let you know the rest of the story. ;)

I met someone at the bottom of the stairs that I thought I would "have some fun" with. Unfortunately, I didn't like what I saw, but then I remember a passage from Dr. Laberges book, Lucid Dreaming, about dream signs, and how to double check them. One of the things is that, unlike the real world, objects are not obsolete in the dream world. If you look at a dog, turn your head way, and then back again, the dog might've turned into a cat, or a vase. Remembering this I turned my back on my dream "partner" and then looked back again, this time it was to my liking. Unfortunately the intimacy clouded my judgement and I started to wake up..... or so I thought.

I actually managed to DREAM I was waking up in my bed. Still thinking I was awake I was kind of shocked to notice that outside my bedroom window there was a guy on a crane cleaning my windows, and my bedroom had my pillows blown all over the place and my TV was missing. To top this a stranger was sleeping in my bed. This was enough to get me into lucidity mode ---- again! And I immediately figured I'd take advantage of my sleep-over stranger. Doing my trick of transformation on the stranger, I walked in the same intimacy trap again, and woke up in my bed... in the REAL WORLD.

Still.. I couldn't stop smiling from the amazing experience I just had. Two lucid awarenesses in a one-hour nap. INSANE!

Funny thing was... I had just sent an e-mail to Roberth Waggoner complaining about how it's been weeks since my last lucid dream, asking for info on why that might be.......... and what do you know? I had two in one strike a couple of hours later! Maybe the frustration and my determination to have a lucid dream made me more aware in my next dream.... or maybe it was just luck? :)

2 comments:

Alex said...

I loved your entry, also tweeted it to my twitter list. I would love to read more, thanks.

Unknown said...

Thank you:)