Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My first dream recall

Category: Nightmare
Emotion: Fear
Lucid: No
Hours of sleep: N/A

Today I thought I would share my very first dream recall with you.

I was about 5-6 years old, and had just moved to the mountainside in a valley.

One night I dreamt a huge forest troll (a typical character in Norwegian fairy tales) came climbing over the mountain and towards my house. When he got to my house, he got down on all four and put one of his giant eyes on my bedroom window, looked right at me, and started chanting my name.

I woke up in my bed, paralyzed with fear, staring at my bedroom window, which now had the blinds down and I didn't see a troll anymore.

So the fact that the dream happened in my bedroom, and I woke up in my bedroom, made a mental bridge between the two worlds that made me have my very first dream recall.

No comments: